Laboratory of Plant Health and Microbiology
E-mail taimetervis[a]pmk.agri.ee, Phone +372 672 9161
Analysis and activities conducted:
- Bacterial diseases and phytoplasmas on plant material:
potato ring-rot and potato brown rot, fire-blight on fruit trees and strawberry leaf spot disease, Xylella fastidiosa etc.
- Plant viruses and viroids on:
potatoes (PVA, PVY, PVX, PVM, PVS, PLRV, and PSTVd); vegetables (PepMV, TSWV, CMV); fruit trees (PPV); berry trees (BRV, BRRV); ornamental plants (HVX) etc.
- Plant and soil nematodes and nematodes on wood:
potato cyst nematode, potato tuber nematode, stem and bulb eelworm, strawberry foliar nematode, pine wood nematode etc.
- Insect pests, mites, fungal diseases from plants, plant products, and detection of weed seeds
- Identification and confirmation of plant diseases and pests by molecular biology methods and sequencing
- Microbiological analyses of plant products, feedstuff, compost and soil
- Bacteria, aerobic sporulation bacteria, pathogenic bacteria, yeasts and moulds, Fusarium sp from agricultural products:
cereal, silage, hay, feedstuff, feedstuff components etc.
- Detection of general toxicity in cereal, cereal products, feedstuffs and feedstuff components
- Preserving and expanding the collection of micro-organisms necessary for applied researc