ARC is an institution administrated by the Estonian Ministry of Rural Affairs. ARC involves different laboratories, field testing centres and departments which are dealing with agri-environmental monitoring, analysis of rural economy, and rural networking.
The vision of ARC is to be a competence centre for agricultural analysis and field testing, reliable partner for designing the agricultural and rural development policy, creating and disseminating new knowledge to the agricultural and rural sector. The mission of ARC is to support decision making process of agricultural and rural actors by knowledge provision.
THE MAIN TASKS OF ARC ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- carrying out laboratory analysis of soil, fertilizers, seeds, feedstuffs, cereal and cereal-products, plant product quality and safety, identification of plant diseases and pests
- performing field testing, incl conducting applied research - field trials for private companies
- management of agricultural park
- monitoring of agri-environmental measures and performing on-going evaluation of Estonian Rural Development Plan (RDP) and since 2019, evaluating all measures of RDP
- analysing the economic activity of the agricultural producers, conducting rural economy analysis and developing Farm Accountancy Data Network (FADN)
- rural networking